Small Narrow Shackle with Slotted Pin for Security.
Suits permanent or semi-permanent placement and requires the slotted driver to open and close.
High strength-to-weight ratio.
- Breaking Load: 1300kg with a low profile to prevent snagging on ropes etc.
- Made from Marine Grade 316 stainless steel bodies and pins.
- Great for narrow lines. Ideal for Ø2mm to Ø4mm rope
A narrow shackle with a slotted pin is a type of shackle that has a narrower body and a secure slotted pin which requires a shackle key to open and close. It is ideal for use in applications where space is limited or where the shackle needs to be attached to two objects that are close together.
Narrow shackles are relatively lightweight and have a low profile making them easier to use in tight spaces.
Narrow shackles with slotted pins are commonly used in sailing for a variety of purposes, including:
- Attaching sail clews to boom ends
- Attaching halyards to mastheads
- Attaching rigging to deck fittings
- Connecting two lines
The slotted pin requires a key to open and close to remove the shackle from the object it is attached to. The narrow body of the shackle also helps to reduce drag and weight, which is important in sailing.
Here are some tips for using narrow shackles with slotted pins in sailing:
- Make sure that the shackle is the correct size for the two objects that you want to connect. The shackle should be large enough to fit around the objects comfortably, but not so large that it is loose.
- Inspect the shackle regularly for signs of wear or damage. Replace any damaged shackles immediately.
- Do not overtighten the shackle, as this can damage the shackle or the objects that it is connecting.
- If you are using a narrow shackle with a slotted pin to attach a sail clew to a boom end, make sure that the shackle is positioned so that the sail is correctly aligned with the boom.
Narrow shackles with slotted pins are a versatile and useful tool for sailing. By using narrow shackles with slotted pins, you can make your rigging more efficient and easier to work with, even in tight spaces.
Here are some additional benefits of using narrow shackles with slotted pins in sailing:
- They can be used in applications where other types of shackles will not fit.
- They are relatively lightweight and have a low profile, which can help to reduce drag and weight.
- They are easy to use and maintain.
Overall, narrow shackles with slotted pins are a valuable addition to any sailor's toolbox.